Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd
Controller of personal information
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details and purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications.
When does this policy apply?
Where we reference that others are data controllers or data processors in the sections ’Controller of Personal Information’ and ’Who do we share your personal information with?’ you should consult their privacy policies for further information.
How can you keep your personal information secure?
We take great care to protect the personal information you provide to us.
Be aware of and protect yourself against Internet fraud and ‘phishing’
There is an Internet fraud practice known as ‘phishing’ which is the illegal gathering of personal information by deception. Unsolicited emails are sent to individuals from lists illegally gathered by a third party, and recipients are asked to enter or reconfirm bank or password details into a 'cloned' or illegal copy website.
When do we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), when you purchase from us, when you use our website or mobile applications, or interact with us via email or telephone.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Companies contracted by you to install our products or services.
- Companies who provide details to us under privacy polices providing information to be shared with Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd.
What types of personal information do we collect and retain?
When you contact us for information on our products, you will need to provide us with your personal details. We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide for Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd to complete and manage an enquiry for our products or services.
- Information collected during your period of trading with us.
- Information about the product or service we have provided to you in the past.
- Information about online enquiry and other interactions.
- Information about your use of our websites, contact centers and mobile applications.
When and why do we collect ‘sensitive personal data’?
Certain categories of personal information, such as that about race, ethnicity, religion, health, sexuality or biometric information are special categories of data requiring additional protection under European Union and UK data protection law and is referred to here as "sensitive personal data”. Generally, we do not collect and/or process sensitive personal data.
The main purposes for which we would use your personal information are:
- To fulfil your purchase with us.
- To fulfil our service to you.
- To keep track of your order with us.
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing and keep you informed of Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd products and services.
- To send you status updates and service communications.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For company management and administrative purposes only.
When will we send you marketing?
When we collect information directly from you we will ask you if you want to receive our marketing communications. Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners, our approved contractors) as well as our own.
We may ask if you consent to receiving marketing communications from other members of our group or from third parties.
We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and the methods by which you are sent them.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website www.specialist-coatings.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How can you change what marketing communications you receive and how you receive them?
If you decide you would no longer like to be sent marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. The ways to stop being sent marketing communications are described below:
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephoning us on 01424 893444
- By writing to us at Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd, PO Box 148, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 3BS
- By unsubscribing from our newsletters
- By completing our website Contact form and making the request from there.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your order, dispatch your materials and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Because it is in Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd’s legitimate interests as a supplier to use your personal information to operate and improve our business.
- Because Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- Because you have consented to Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd using your information for a particular purpose. More information on each legal basis is provided below.
If processing of your data is subject to any other laws then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for.
For example, where you purchase a product from us we will keep the information related to your purchase, so we can fulfil the specific order you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the order. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Performance of a contract with you
It will be necessary for Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd to use your personal information to process an order you have placed with us. For example, we will need to use information such as your contact details and payment information to provide you with the materials or services you have requested and paid for.
As a supplier, manufacturer and formulator of external and internal tank and floor coating materials, treatments and finishes, Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect to offer an effective service and carry out our business.
Compliance with legal obligations
There are situations where Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd is subject to a legal obligation and needs to use your personal information to comply with those obligations.
To protect the vital interest of you or another person
There are situations where we may need to use your personal information to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
We collect and use your personal information where you have given your specific consent to us doing so.
If the basis of our processing your data is consent, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
However, if you withdraw this consent, in some circumstances, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Your personal information will not be shared with any other persons, companies or organizations unless your express permission has been given to do so or when it is the course of the transaction or service that we are providing you.
You will only be sent marketing emails where you have provided your consent to do so.
We may also disclose your personal information to the following third parties for the purpose described here:
- Customs and immigration authorities.
- Transport, freight & courier companies in connection with getting shipments to you.
- Credit and charge card companies, credit reference agencies and anti-fraud screening service providers to process payments and (where necessary) to carry out fraud-screening.
- In response to a valid, legal request from Government and law enforcement agencies such as customs and immigration authorities.
- Third party service providers we are using to provide services that involve data processing, for example, to carry out marketing initiatives or run customer surveys on our behalf.
- Third parties, such as law firms and law courts, to enforce or apply any contract with you.
- Third parties, such as the police and regulatory authorities, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, staff and assets.
- If necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in any jurisdiction, including where that obligation arises because of a voluntary act or decision by us (e.g. our decision to operate to a country or a related decision).
- We do not sell or give personal information to third parties, and we only allow third parties to send you marketing information where we have your consent to do so.
Requesting your personal data
Under the GDPR, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd. There is no fee for this request.
The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address.
- Details of your request.
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
- Your purchase order
- The date of your order, invoice or documentation
- Our sales invoice number to you
- Your sales invoice number to us
- The date or dates of your order, invoice or documentation
Please send your request to:
Data Protection Officer Specialist
Coatings (GB) Ltd
PO Box 148,
Data Protection Officer Specialist Coatings (GB) Ltd,
20 Havelock Road