Scarborough Hotel: Galvanised Steel Water Tank Coating
- Some of the tanks had been previously coated with a black bitumen tank coating paint, which was failing.
- Nearly all the tanks were old, rusting and generally in poor condition.
- There was limited access in and out of the roof space.
- Several old and disused tanks were left discarded in the attics.
- The hotel was to remain open throughout the entire refurbishment of the tanks.
Whilst working on one of the galvanised tanks, we discovered two holes (approximately 20mm and 30mm respectively) under the rust scale on the tank floor. Had we not been working on this tank, it would have failed and started to leak water within a few months. We repaired these holes and reinforced the floor with our resin and fibreglass based tank repair kit, which will last as long as the tank is in service.
Galvanised steel water tanks - After water tank lining treatment.
Holes in floor of water tank - Before & After tank repair treatment.