Material Sales & Resin Repair Kits
As experts in the installation of advanced tank lining and flooring systems, we are able to supply a range of innovative resin materials direct to commercial contractors and domestic end users. Our range of high performance resin materials are ideal for the maintenance of water and other tanks in hotels and domestic properties, factories breweries, chemical plants and engineering departments. In recent years we have seen a steady growth in the use of our resin systems in the leisure and boat sector, not only for the lining and repair of water and fuel tanks but also as a general repair material. Once applied, epoxy resins offer a combination of lightweight, durable and robust properties.
Our resin systems, with suitable surface preparation, can be bonded to a wide range of materials, including concrete, steel, fibreglass, timber and many other substrates. We also have specialist grades that are fuel resistant, resilient to high temperatures and can be applied under water or within tidal zone. Our tank lining resin materials are suitable for a wide variety of uses, including:
- Food and beverage production and storage applications
- Drinking water storage applications (cold water storage)
- Waste water applications
- Engineering repair departments
- Diesel fuel storage tank applications
- Suitable for moisture and wet surface tolerant applications
- Offers superb resistance to osmosis and water ingress
- General boat and narrow boat maintenance and repairs
- Concrete tank linings and concrete repairs
- Waterproofing and repairing of various surface and materials, including fibreglass, concrete and wood
We supply a range of resin materials in small handy repair kits, which are useful for lining or repairing small tanks and making localised repairs to existing linings. The kit also provides a very efficient general purpose repair material. The resin used in these kits, with suitable surface preparation, can be bonded to steel, fibreglass, concrete, wood and many other materials. Repair kits are usually supplied with a two-part solvent-free epoxy resin in convenient 0.5kg units. We can also make bespoke kits in any size and for specific applications. The repair kits are easy to use; simply add together the premeasured two-component (parts A and B), mix thoroughly and apply to a suitably prepared surface. We also supply application rollers and handles, tool cleaning solvent, brushes, thickening agents, resin application scuttles and much more.
Because almost every tank is different it is better to contact us directly so that we can advise on the most suitable tank lining materials system for your project and what quantities you would require.
Generally, we would need to know the following:
- What the tank is being used for
- What the tank is made from
- Dimensions or capacity of the tank
We include fully detailed guide note instructions regarding surface preparation and application of the materials when sending out the materials purchased.
With correct surface preparation and application, the treated tank will extend the working life of any existing tank by many years.
If you have access to abrasive grit blasting then the tank lining will last even longer.
The generally the processes are relatively straight forward:
- Empty and dry the tank
- Brush off loose rust
- Scrape and bang the tank to remove as much loose rust and scale as possible.
- Brush and vacuum the tank
- Apply primer coat
- Apply intermediate coat
- Apply top coat
Frequent Questions and Answers:
1. Is your tank lining system suitable for cold water tanks?
2. Does the tank have to be removed (from the boat or building) to carry out the lining process?
a. No. Our materials are designed to be used in confined spaces without special equipment.
3. Does the boat have to be lifted from the water to carry out the tank lining work?
a. No. Our materials are designed for use in damp conditions.
4. How long does it take to line a water tank?
a. Usually between 2 and 3 consecutive days
5. Smells: Is there strong smells when working with the resin lining materials?
a. No – All the materials that we use and supply are low odour and solvent free.
6. Food & Drink: Are the tank lining materials suitable for food and drink contact use?
7. Aggressive chemical applications: Are the tank lining materials suitable for aggressive chemical environments such as lining black water tanks?
a. Yes. Contact us for details.
Here is a list of the basic application equipment that you would require for the lining of the tank. Some people do find it useful for us to supply these items because they are the same as we use ourselves. If this is of interest to you then please let us know what you would like and we can include them into the quotation.
- Chipping Hammer/s, with spring handle for wrist strain reduction.
- Rust Scrappers, 2” tungsten carbide blades
- Spare blades for short handle rust scrappers
- Deep resin scuttles 5ltr 200mm 8”, rectangular
- Resin application Roller frames, short handle 10” x 100mm (4")
- Microfibre roller refill heads 100mm (4") Packs x 10
- Telescopic extension Pole/s (reaching into tank to coat final areas)
- Bucket trowels, resin mixing & scraping out drums
- Natural bristle, brushes for resins 50mm (2")
- Resin Mixing/Blending Paddle for resin, Gentle Action, Rotary, 4", 100mm x 600mm. Used with slow speed electric drills with a 10mm or larger chuck.
- Disposable Nitrile gloves, Box x 100
- Solvent Tool Cleaner x 1ltr bottle/s, Sc-Sol
- Hole filling Thickening Agent, Thixotrope S51, White, pot x 30g
- Multi-directional woven fiberglass (reinforcing) bandage 100mm wide x / linear metre.
A range of epoxy resins are available in 5kg and 20kg bulk units. These materials are suitable for a wide variety of tank lining applications, including cold water tanks, chemical tanks, fuel tanks and beverage storage and process tanks.
Whatever your industry sector, we can provide a surfacing solution that incorporates a range of high performance properties, including anti-slip and chemical resistance. Floor coating resins are available in almost any colour and quantity to suit your exact requirements. Bespoke or custom colours can be created at a small additional charge.
With correct surface preparation and application of materials carried out these repair kits will help to reduce the risk of bacterial growth and extend the practical working life of brewery process vessels and also water and chemical tanks for many years before any major relining works or replacement need be considered or is required.
I've just finished the largest of the two tanks (Grey).
I must say that it was a pleasure using your recommended products, the primer especially is impressive.
After I had applied one tin of the top coat and then measured coverage per tin it was plain sailing as you had allowed just the right amount of product, I had two tins leftover which is by far better than two short. The client is very happy and also happy to have the two tins for future repairs, although I don't think he's going to need them.
I'd most certainly be happy to recommend your product in the future, should the need arise.
Sincere thanks for going above and beyond.
Understanding the business we are in is positive, being prepared to be more than another supplier is epic.
I may make enquiries into local authority needs for your product moving forward.
Walsh & Son Ltd"
We have completed the refurbishment of the mixing vessel and the painting of the inside went very well, the final effect was excellent in terms of finish and appearance. Since then we have had our quality assurance audit and the auditor was very impressed with it, he had not seen a vessel treated in this way before but thought it was very effective.
Director - Bickiepegs Healthcare"
I just wanted to let you know that having used your product for the water tank on my narrowboat Silk Dream a number of years ago that the tank shows no signs of corrosion and I'm getting clear taste free water.
Narrowboat Silk Dream"