Residential Apartment Buildings, South London
Local plumbing company set up a temporarily diversion of the water supply from the tank/s directly to residents supply system in the block being worked on.
- The work was implemented over three phases in three different blocks.
- It was essential that the residents maintained an uninterrupted supply of water during the tank refurbishment works.
- The water tanks were located in the building roof voids.
- Space in the attic spaces was very limited and access difficult.
- Pervious tank linings had mostly failed completely.
- The existing lining was blistering, peeling off, and virtually impossible to clean
- The local plumbing company set up a temporary diversion of the water supply from the tank/s directly to the residents’ supply system in the block being worked on.
- The previous tank lining was removed, and back to the original substrate.
- Although the old coating was blistering and peeling off completely in places, some areas were particular stubborn and difficult to remove, however, our team of technicians have high standards of preparation as this is the basics of any tank lining project.
- Apply a primer coat of resin.
- Applied three to four coats of potable water-approved water tank lining resin in a liquid form.
- Test the new lining for overall thickness and for the absence of micro-porosity in the coating.
- Allow 12-24 hours for the resin to harden.
- The local plumbing company re-connected the water supply to the tanks and residents.
- The works were completed on time and within budget.
- All the water tanks now have a smooth easy to clean hygienic surface.
- The light blue colour ensures ease of future inspections.
- Replacing the water tanks would have probably involved removing part of the roof and would have been prohibitively expensive and time-consuming.
We worked very closely with the Management Company, local plumbers and the property caretaker to produce the best outcome for the residents and client, with minimum of disruption.